OVERVIEWLast modified 05.24.22
Kologik owns and operates the following web properties, to which this Policy applies: https://kologik.com, https://kologik.net, and any webapp purposely built for a customer (each a “Website” and collectively the “Websites”).
For personal information collected through the Websites, we will only collect and use personal information from you as described in this Policy. We will not sell your personal information to any third parties; however, we may allow third parties to access and use certain information as necessary to conduct business and provide our services.
Information collected or shared by you regarding your company through one or more of our tools, questionnaires or services is not covered by this Policy (for example, company information uploaded or shared using one of our surveys).
WHERE YOUR DATA GOES
Depending on the Kologik Service or webpages you are accessing and/or using, your personal information may be stored on our servers in the U.S. at our secure data center, or on a U.S. located server owned and secured by our third-party service providers. We use state of the art technologies to safeguard your personal information stored on our servers and have carefully chosen our third-party providers for many reasons, including their robust security systems. When you interact with our Websites certain data is collected as discussed below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT; PURPOSE OF COLLECTING IT
Our privacy practices will vary depending on the circumstances under which we collected your personal information. Kologik collects personal information in the following circumstances:
Personal Information collected from our customers.
Personal Information collected through our Websites, Services, online events (e.g., webinars), surveys or questionnaires.
- Information Collected from Customers
Kologik provides various of our Services under contract with our customers. If you have access to our Services as an employee, agent or contractor of such customer, your name and basic contact information (such as email, title, work telephone, work address) may have been provided to us by the customer or entered on our Services or Websites by a company-appointed administrator. In such cases, we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information we process from customers.
- Information Collected Through Our Websites
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. Even if you are only a visitor to one of our Websites, your computer or device automatically sends technical information to our web servers that we store in log files, including the following "Site Usage Data":
- Date and time of your visit and the duration of your use of the Website;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device and internet service provider (ISP) – please note this information could be used to identify you if you live in a remote area where there are no other Internet users at a particular location;
- Referring/exit pages;
- The visited pages of the Website;
- Information about the path you take though our Website; and
- Information about your device including: type of device (telephone, computer etc.), browser type and version, settings, installed plug-ins, or operating system.
Kologik does not attempt to collect any sensitive information, such as personal financial information, social security or driver’s license numbers, or personal health information on our Websites.
- Information You Provide to Us
When you visit and use our Websites and/or Services, we may collect, retain and use information you provide to us. The information you may submit includes:
- Information that you provide when filling out online forms to register for events, marketing, webinars; to request information about our solutions; to report a problem with our Websites; or when you otherwise communicate with us. This information includes such personal information as your name, email address and phone number. You are not required to provide your personal information; however, without it, we may not be able to assist you or provide you with the information or services you have requested.
- Account/Member Data: On some of our Websites you, or a customer administrator, if applicable, can register for an account or to be a member. Depending on the Service, you may be asked to create a profile which may include certain personal information such as first and last name, address, radio number, unit number, telephone and email. You may also be prompted to create a password. It is your responsibility to only enter information which you are comfortable having stored by us.
- Community Sharing: Some of our Websites and/or Services offer sharing capabilities. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them with a registered account.
- Webinars, Events: You may choose to register for one of our webinars or events, in which case you may be asked to provide certain personal information to register for the webinar/event, such as name, address, telephone and email.
- Customer Support Data: You can communicate with us through the different web-forms on our Websites and our customer support sites. For example, you can use the contact forms to ask questions about our products or services, request a demo, request technical assistance, to request to be put on one of our mailing lists, or otherwise reach out to our customer support team. In order to respond to your request, we will collect your contact information, contents of your request and may collect your IP address.
- Survey/Questionnaire/Testing/Feedback Data: From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys, questionnaires, testing and/or provide feedback with respect to our products or services. Participation is completely voluntary. However, if you choose to participate, you may provide us with personal information about yourself. Unless you otherwise consent, we will only use this information to determine the types of products or services that may be of interest to you and to operate, enhance or improve our offerings.
- Email/Direct Mail Campaign Data: We offer informational emails and/or newsletters. Also, from time to time, we may contact our customers directly by email to inform you about new services, promotions, or special offers from us and from other companies, that you told us you were interested in receiving. If you respond to one of our emails, you may have the option to provide us with additional personal information, which we or our marketing partners will use for the purpose indicated. You may opt out of these emails at any time using the unsubscribe link at provided in the emails.
- Testimonials: We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers and/or users on our Websites in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial on a Website along with your name.
- Additional information we may collect from you:
- Information about your business, such as organization and industry.
- Information collected through automated data collection techniques.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services and other interactions we have with you or our customer. For example, we use the information we collect to:
- administer and manage your account and communicate with you about your account;
- provide, deliver, enhance and improve our products and services, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, surveys, questionnaires, webinar and/or event notices;
- provide technical support (including to debug and troubleshoot), and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Kologik and others;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about Kologik and products, services, offers, promotions, surveys, questionnaires, testing, research, news, events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- provide advertising and marketing targeted toward your interests; and
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
THIRD-PARTIES WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
In order to provide our Services, it may be necessary that we share our customer data with third parties. Such third-parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it is disclosed to them. We do not sell, trade or rent customer data or a user’s personal information to others.
We may disclose certain personal information about you as described in this Policy, including:
- To our third-party service providers as necessary to conduct our business, provide our services, operate our websites, provide webinars and events to which you subscribe, etc.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates to provide support to us and to you in connection with our Services or Websites.
- As required by law, such as to comply with any subpoena, court order, or other legal process or to respond to law enforcement, government authority or regulatory requests.
- On a good faith determination that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Kologik, our employees, our customers, or others, or to investigate fraud.
- In the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, assignment or other transfer of all or part of the business.
- To any other person with your consent.
WEBSITES LINKED TO KOLOGIK WEBSITES
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
The security of our customer’s and user’s information is important to us. Kologik has implemented security measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We expect you to take measures to protect your information as well by not sharing passwords or other credentials.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
If you are accessing a Kologik Service as an employee, contractor or agent of one of our customers, you will need to request changes to your information through the authorized administrator for that customer. In most cases, the authorized administrator will make the changes. However, if the customer requests Kologik to make changes to your information, we will do so within a reasonable period of time.
If you receive emails or promotional materials or offers from Kologik about our products, services or events, you can opt-out by using the opt-out link in the emails we send to you. You may also make your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California, USA, resident and you provided your email address to Kologik, then, once each calendar year, you may submit a written request for information regarding any other companies with which we have shared your information for their use in direct marketing. To submit your written request, please send an email to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy” in the subject line.
If you have signed up to receive marketing emails from Kologik, you can opt-out of receiving future marketing emails at any time by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the messages received from Kologik.
LIMITATION ON APPLICATION
Adherence by Kologik to the provisions set forth in this Policy may be limited (a) to the extent required for Kologik to respond to a legal or ethical obligation; (b) to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest, or law enforcement requirements; (c) to the extent a disclosure or other action is permitted or required by an applicable law, rule, regulation, or legal process; (d) to enforce our policies or to protect our rights, property or safety, or those of another; and/or (e) to prevent illegal or improper uses of Kologik's Services or to defend Kologik against claim.
AMENDMENTS TO POLICY
Attn: Legal Department
301 Main Street, Suite # 810
Baton Rouge, LA 70801